At this developmental stage, kids possess their greatest ability to absorb and retain a second language qualitatively similar to their native language. Phonological acquisition is time-sensitive, unlike grammar and vocabulary learning, which can happen at any age. Hence, the emphasis here is on speaking using the Listen. Absorb. Speak.™ method.
Until we enter Stage 6 of Michigan’s Safe Start Plan, Aux Petits Soins™ will continue to offer French language immersion classes virtually. This program has recently been split into two systems to better accommodate a wider range of childhood developmental levels.
- The live learning system works well for students who can follow a conversation for more than 20 minutes and can handle virtual interaction in real time with an instructor.
- But we get it – some young children just can’t sit in front of a screen for more than a few minutes. The self-directed learning system was designed with those kids in mind, allowing them to virtually interact with our native French speaker in pre-recorded sessions at the time that’s best for them.
- Explorers I (6-18 months) – 25 minutes – Tuesdays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m.
- Explorers II (18-36 months) – 35 minutes – Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Explorers III (3-5 yrs) – 45 minutes – Thursdays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
There are four sessions per year:
- Fall session runs Sep. 7-Dec. 20, 2020 (please note: there is no class the weeks of Oct. 12-18 and Nov. 23-29)
- Winter session runs Jan. 4-Mar. 28, 2021 (please note: there is no class the week of Feb. 8-14)
- Spring session runs Apr. 5-Jun. 20, 2021 (please note: there is no class May 10-16)
- Summer session runs Jun. 28-Aug. 8, 2021
CHOOSE A CLASS
EXPLORERS I (6-18 months)
EXPLORERS II (18-36 months)
EXPLORERS III (3-5 years)
I cannot recommend Aux Petits Soins enough! My daughter started at four months old. While she is young, you can see by her smile how much she enjoys Gaelle, hearing… French songs and engaging in the other babies. Gaelle is an amazing teacher for not only the children but the parents, too. It’s easy to see how much everyone enjoys class. I studied French and lived abroad in college. I’ve always wanted to share French culture and language with my daughter and I’m thrilled to have the chance to do it at only five months of age. Thank you Gaelle for bringing this unique and wonderful opportunity to Lansing! Read more “Kelly Toland”
This is so wonderful for children and parents together. I am so happy I signed my daughter up for this class. She may be only 9 months but she has… so much fun. Read more “Caitlin Mayer”
I enrolled my son, Theoan (11 months) for the first session and he absolutely loves all of the songs we have learned in class. Also, my three year old, who… has come to some of the classes, has struck an interest in learning French! I thank you, Gaelle for creating a relaxed, engaging, French learning setting 🙂 This is how French should be learned.. Starting at the basics! Read more “Faith Boyce”