At this developmental stage, kids possess their greatest ability to absorb and retain a second language qualitatively similar to their native language. Phonological acquisition is time-sensitive, unlike grammar and vocabulary learning, which can happen at any age. Hence, the emphasis here is on speaking using the Listen. Absorb. Speak.™ method.
Until we enter Stage 6 of Michigan’s Safe Start Plan, Aux Petits Soins™ will continue to offer French language immersion classes virtually. This program has recently been split into two systems to better accommodate a wider range of childhood developmental levels.
- The live learning system works well for students who can follow a conversation for more than 20 minutes and can handle virtual interaction in real time with an instructor.
- But we get it – some young children just can’t sit in front of a screen for more than a few minutes. The self-directed learning system was designed with those kids in mind, allowing them to virtually interact with our native French speaker in pre-recorded sessions at the time that’s best for them.
- Explorers I (6-18 months) – 25 minutes – Tuesdays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m.
- Explorers II (18-36 months) – 35 minutes – Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Explorers III (3-5 yrs) – 45 minutes – Thursdays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
There are four sessions per year:
- Fall session runs Sep. 7-Dec. 20, 2020 (please note: there is no class the weeks of Oct. 12-18 and Nov. 23-29)
- Winter session runs Jan. 4-Mar. 28, 2021 (please note: there is no class the week of Feb. 8-14)
- Spring session runs Apr. 5-Jun. 20, 2021 (please note: there is no class May 10-16)
- Summer session runs Jun. 28-Aug. 8, 2021
CHOOSE A CLASS
EXPLORERS I (6-18 months)
EXPLORERS II (18-36 months)
EXPLORERS III (3-5 years)
My 2-year old son just finished his first session with Gaëlle and Aux Petits Soins. I had been searching for anything to do with French culture and language since Holden… was born and am so fortunate to have stumbled upon this program. We both love attending class each week, singing the songs, and playing. Gaëlle truly has what is best and works for the children in mind, which is such a relief! The 2-4 class that we attend is very relaxed and allows for the extreme energy toddlers have (and some times short attention spans!). We are both so excited to continue on this journey with APS! Read more “Sara Pettit”
I enrolled my son, Theoan (11 months) for the first session and he absolutely loves all of the songs we have learned in class. Also, my three year old, who… has come to some of the classes, has struck an interest in learning French! I thank you, Gaelle for creating a relaxed, engaging, French learning setting 🙂 This is how French should be learned.. Starting at the basics! Read more “Faith Boyce”
Aux Petits Soins is a wonderful introduction to French language for children. Gaëlle brings her enthusiasm and warmth to each session and our son has really enjoyed his first class,… while picking up some words and numbers. He especially loves the songs. We’re so glad we found the program! Read more “Sheril Kirshenbaum”