At this developmental stage, kids possess their greatest ability to absorb and retain a second language qualitatively similar to their native language. Phonological acquisition is time-sensitive, unlike grammar and vocabulary learning, which can happen at any age. Hence, the emphasis here is on speaking using the Listen. Absorb. Speak.™ method.
Due to COVID-19, this program has recently been split into two systems to better accommodate a wider range of childhood developmental levels. In person classes are still available (max. 3 students).
- The live learning system works well for students who can follow a conversation for more than 20 minutes and can handle virtual interaction in real time with an instructor.
- But we get it – some young children just can’t sit in front of a screen for more than a few minutes. The self-directed learning system was designed with those kids in mind, allowing them to virtually interact with our native French speaker in pre-recorded sessions at the time that’s best for them.
- Explorers I (6-18 months) – 25 minutes – Mondays at 5 p.m. and Fridays at 10:45 a.m.
- Explorers II (18-36 months) – 35 minutes – Tuesdays at 5 p.m. and Fridays at 9:55 a.m.
- Explorers III (3-5 yrs) – 45 minutes – Wednesdays at 5 p.m. and Fridays at 9 a.m.
There are four sessions per year:
- Fall session runs Sep. 13-Dec. 12, 2021 (please note: there is no class the weeks of Oct. 18-24 and Nov. 22-28)
- Winter session runs Jan. 3-Mar. 27, 2022 (please note: there is no class the week of Feb. 14-20)
- Spring session runs Apr. 4-Jun. 19, 2022 (please note: there is no class May 9-15)
- Summer session runs July 5-31, 2022
CHOOSE A CLASS
EXPLORERS I (6-18 months)
EXPLORERS II (18-36 months)
EXPLORERS III (3-5 years)
When our son Emmanuel was born, we wanted him to be in a place where he could hear French spoken somewhere other than at home with his mother, who is… a native French speaker. One afternoon on a walk, we saw a sign for Aux Petits Soins about French classes, and after meeting Gaëlle, we learned about the free Day Trippers program, so we decided to go. It was the beginning of a beautiful adventure. Emmanuel started when he was three months old, and we started by learning songs such as, “Vole, vole papillon” and “Tourne, tourne petit moulin.” It has been fun for him and for us. At home, he tries to repeat Gaëlle’s gestures, which is very awesome. Our treasure is 1.5 years old now and is continuing with the Explorers II program, which he is still enjoying. We are very happy having Emmanuel there – it’s a great place to be and to help your little one immersed in French language and culture. Read more “Sandrine Demuth”
This is so wonderful for children and parents together. I am so happy I signed my daughter up for this class. She may be only 9 months but she has… so much fun. Read more “Caitlin Mayer”
I enrolled my son, Theoan (11 months) for the first session and he absolutely loves all of the songs we have learned in class. Also, my three year old, who… has come to some of the classes, has struck an interest in learning French! I thank you, Gaelle for creating a relaxed, engaging, French learning setting 🙂 This is how French should be learned.. Starting at the basics! Read more “Faith Boyce”