At this developmental stage, kids possess their greatest ability to absorb and retain a second language qualitatively similar to their native language. Phonological acquisition is time-sensitive, unlike grammar and vocabulary learning, which can happen at any age. Hence, the emphasis here is on speaking using the Listen. Absorb. Speak.™ method.
Due to COVID-19, this program has recently been split into two systems to better accommodate a wider range of childhood developmental levels. In person classes are still available (max. 3 students).
- The live learning system works well for students who can follow a conversation for more than 20 minutes and can handle virtual interaction in real time with an instructor.
- But we get it – some young children just can’t sit in front of a screen for more than a few minutes. The self-directed learning system was designed with those kids in mind, allowing them to virtually interact with our native French speaker in pre-recorded sessions at the time that’s best for them.
- Explorers I (6-18 months) – 25 minutes – Mondays at 5 p.m. and Fridays at 10:45 a.m.
- Explorers II (18-36 months) – 35 minutes – Tuesdays at 5 p.m. and Fridays at 9:55 a.m.
- Explorers III (3-5 yrs) – 45 minutes – Wednesdays at 5 p.m. and Fridays at 9 a.m.
There are four sessions per year:
- Fall session runs Sep. 13-Dec. 12, 2021 (please note: there is no class the weeks of Oct. 18-24 and Nov. 22-28)
- Winter session runs Jan. 3-Mar. 27, 2022 (please note: there is no class the week of Feb. 14-20)
- Spring session runs Apr. 4-Jun. 19, 2022 (please note: there is no class May 9-15)
- Summer session runs July 5-31, 2022
CHOOSE A CLASS
EXPLORERS I (6-18 months)
EXPLORERS II (18-36 months)
EXPLORERS III (3-5 years)
My 8-month son and I love going to French each week. Gaëlle is really fantastic with babies and makes it easy for parents (even those who can’t speak French) to… engage in class. We sing some of the songs at home and Joel loves them Read more “Kristen Bieda”
I love APS as do my children! I feel I have a decent ability with only a 15 months of studying. My children love the instructor and really look forward… to learning French. My oldest daughter has been studying for about 4 years and her progress is impressive! I would highly recommend for families, adults and children! Read more “Heidi Frei”
This is so wonderful for children and parents together. I am so happy I signed my daughter up for this class. She may be only 9 months but she has… so much fun. Read more “Caitlin Mayer”