APS Explorers™ Program
At this developmental stage, kids possess their greatest ability to absorb and retain a second language qualitatively similar to their native language. Phonological acquisition is time-sensitive, unlike grammar and vocabulary learning, which can happen at any age. Hence, the emphasis here is on speaking using the Listen. Absorb. Speak.™ method.
Until we enter Stage 6 of Michigan’s Safe Start Plan, Aux Petits Soins™ will continue to offer French language immersion classes virtually. This program has recently been split into two systems to better accommodate a wider range of childhood developmental levels.
- The live learning system works well for students who can follow a conversation for more than 20 minutes and can handle virtual interaction in real time with an instructor.
- But we get it – some young children just can’t sit in front of a screen for more than a few minutes. The self-directed learning system was designed with those kids in mind, allowing them to virtually interact with our native French speaker in pre-recorded sessions at the time that’s best for them.
- Explorers I (6-18 months) – 25 minutes – Tuesdays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m.
- Explorers II (18-36 months) – 35 minutes – Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Explorers III (3-5 yrs) – 45 minutes – Thursdays at 5 p.m. and Saturdays at 9 a.m.
There are four sessions per year:
- Fall session runs Sep. 7-Dec. 20, 2020 (please note: there is no class the weeks of Oct. 12-18 and Nov. 23-29)
- Winter session runs Jan. 4-Mar. 28, 2021 (please note: there is no class the week of Feb. 8-14)
- Spring session runs Apr. 5-Jun. 20, 2021 (please note: there is no class May 10-16)
- Summer session runs Jun. 28-Aug. 8, 2021
CHOOSE A CLASS
EXPLORERS I (6-18 months)
EXPLORERS II (18-36 months)
EXPLORERS III (3-5 years)
APS is a phenomenal program run by a very passionate teacher Gaëlle. Our son has been attending the program since he was 3 months old and he still loves her… classes at 3 years. She is always adapting the program to keep kids interested as they grow, and when the program moved online, our son and the other children never lost interest. This is a testimony to Gaëlle’s creativity and abilities to teach. We highly recommend her classes to anyone trying to immerse their children in a second language. Read more “Ben DeMuth”
I cannot recommend Aux Petits Soins enough! My daughter started at four months old. While she is young, you can see by her smile how much she enjoys Gaelle, hearing… French songs and engaging in the other babies. Gaelle is an amazing teacher for not only the children but the parents, too. It’s easy to see how much everyone enjoys class. I studied French and lived abroad in college. I’ve always wanted to share French culture and language with my daughter and I’m thrilled to have the chance to do it at only five months of age. Thank you Gaelle for bringing this unique and wonderful opportunity to Lansing! Read more “Kelly Toland”
When our son Emmanuel was born, we wanted him to be in a place where he could hear French spoken somewhere other than at home with his mother, who is… a native French speaker. One afternoon on a walk, we saw a sign for Aux Petits Soins about French classes, and after meeting Gaëlle, we learned about the free Day Trippers program, so we decided to go. It was the beginning of a beautiful adventure. Emmanuel started when he was three months old, and we started by learning songs such as, “Vole, vole papillon” and “Tourne, tourne petit moulin.” It has been fun for him and for us. At home, he tries to repeat Gaëlle’s gestures, which is very awesome. Our treasure is 1.5 years old now and is continuing with the Explorers II program, which he is still enjoying. We are very happy having Emmanuel there – it’s a great place to be and to help your little one immersed in French language and culture. Read more “Sandrine Demuth”