One year ago this week, we moved into our home on Michigan Avenue. When I signed the lease in October 2015, all I had were a few teaching supplies and a head full of ideas. Now, one year later, we have a working classroom with a drawer system, wall decorations, and “seasonal” area carpets; a bustling activity center with custom-made shelving units, tables and chairs, as well as hundreds of books, toys and games imported from France; and in the main room, there’s now a nursery, a reception area, and a snack table for the children. Special thanks to Cassins Architectes and MI Craft for (respectively) designing and creating our new reception desk.
When I started Aux Petits Soins in spring 2015, I had no idea where it would lead. It all started because of the demands of you, the Lansing-area parents who wanted something special for your children — to give them the gift of French. Now, a year and a half later, Aux Petits Soins is a brick-and-mortar location and there are more than three dozen kids that have some level of French. I couldn’t be happier, or prouder, of how far all my students have come so quickly.
Coming soon: Aux Petits Soins will launch two new programs — French Playtime for kids 6 and under and APS French Club for kids ages 6-12. These will provide even more opportunities to engage your little ones in French culture. Stay tuned!
Are you ready for class to start? I know I am. There will be new songs, new visuals and a new look to the classroom space. I hope you’re as excited as I am!
Fall 2016 Schedule
- Day Trippers (0-6 mos.) —9 a.m. Saturday
- Explorers I (6 mos.–2 yrs.) — 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, 10:30 a.m. Friday and 9:45 a.m. Saturday
- Explorers II (2-4 yrs.) — 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. Friday and 10:45 a.m. Saturday
- Explorers III (4-6 yrs.) 9:30 a.m. Wednesday and 5:15 p.m. Friday
- Travel Bugs II (6-9 yrs.) — 6:15 p.m. Wednesday
- Travel Bugs III (9-12 yrs.) — 6:15 p.m. Friday
Aux Petits Soins is a French language immersion program for children from birth up to age 12, taught by French native speakers. You can read our full story here.
We teach through the simplest method possible — by immersing the child in a completely French-speaking environment geared toward his/her age and ability. Building on the principles of Typical Physical Response (TPR) and Montessori methods, we’ve developed our own three-step method of foreign language education: Listen. Absorb. Speak. This method allows children to naturally soak up French at the same time they’re learning their own native language or languages.
Join us and discover our programs.
We have a great syllabus for each level. Of course, I’ll still rotate in things we learned in the past sessions to keep them fresh in everyone’s minds.
- The Day Trippers will be learning new hand songs to sing during daily routines;
- The Explorers will learn new vocabulary words about modes of transportation (including trains, boats and airplanes) and summer activities such as going to the beach, aquarium, farm, and zoo; and
- The Travel Bugs will learn conversational vocabulary words pertaining to activities and hobbies from their everyday life.
Here is the schedule for the free demonstrations:
Tuesday, June 21
- 5 – 5:20 p.m. Day Trippers (from birth to 6 months)
- 5:30 – 6 p.m. Explorers I (age 6 – 24 months)
Wednesday, June 22
- 9:30 – 10 a.m. Explorers II (age 2 – 4)
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. Explorers III (age 4 – 6)
- 5 – 5:30 p.m. Explorers I (age 6 – 24 months) (only for APS students)
- 5:30 – 6 p.m. Travel Bugs II (age 6 – 9)
Thursday, June 23
- 5 – 5:30 p.m. Explorers II (age 2 – 4) (only for APS students)
- 5:45 – 6:15 p.m. Travel Bugs III (age 9 – 12)
Saturday, June 25
- 9 – 9:30 a.m. Day Trippers (from birth to 6 months)
- 9:30 – 10 a.m. Explorers I (age 6 – 24 months)
- 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. Explorers II (age 2 – 4) full
- 11 – 11:30 a.m. Explorers III (age 4 – 6)
All the demonstrations will be held at Aux Petits Soins, 1824 E. Mich. Ave., Suite F, Lansing. Space is limited so please register.
Please feel free to contact Gaëlle if you have any additional question.
A few weeks ago, I had the privilege to be interviewed by Lansing Area Capital Gains about local foreign language immersion programs. The story, “Lansing’s children engaging and connecting with language immersion programs,” was published today. The story features some great photos of our students Levi and Joel interacting in class. Please check it out!
You can read more stories about Aux Petits Soins on our In the media page.
Here is the schedule of the FREE demonstrations, to be held at Aux Petits Soins, 1824 E. Michigan Ave., Suite F, Lansing:
Wednesday, March 30:
- Day Trippers (age 0-6 mths) @ 4:30 p.m. Register here.
- Explorers I and II (age 0-3 yrs) @ 5 p.m. Register here.
- Explorers II and III (age 3-6 yrs) @5:45 p.m. Register here.
Saturday, April 2:
- Day trippers (age 0-6 mths) @ 9 a..m. Register here.
- Explorers I and II (age 0-3 yrs) @ 9:30 a.m. Register here.
- Explorers II and III (age 3-6 yrs) @ 10:15 a.m. Register here.
If you intend to come, please register ASAP so I can plan accordingly. If these dates get filled, I will add more dates. Also, please share this information with anyone you think may be interested, or anyplace you know other parents use as a resource for finding activities for their children.
You can buy a punch card or 11-week spring session here.
I would like to introduce you to Day Trippers, a new 30-minute class inspired by my 5-week-old son, Léandre. It is designed for babies from birth to 6 months, and will give parents the opportunity to learn my favorite lullabies and other soothing songs. I think this new class will make a good baby shower idea for someone looking for a unique gift. You can come discover this program during one the FREE demonstrations:
- Wednesday, March 30 @ 4:30 p.m. Register here.
- Saturday, April 2 @ 9:00 a.m. Register here.
Demonstrations will be held at Aux Petits Soins.
I tentatively plan to have the Day Trippers classes on Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. and Saturday at 9 a.m. Based on demand, this schedule could change. If you would like to hear more about this program, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or (517) 999-7277. If you would like to join the program, you can buy a 5 or 10 classes punch card here.
After taking a little time off for the birth of my second son, I’m happy to announce that Aux Petits Soins reopens this morning.
I’m really looking forward to the rest of this session.
We’re proud to announce to the Aux Petits Soins family the newest member of Team Ross! His name is Léandre Ibn Harrison Ross. He arrived happy and healthy just a little past midnight on February 12. For those keeping score, he’s 8 lbs, 2 oz. and 21 inches long. Maman, baby, big brother, and Papa are all doing fine, but would like to enjoy this bubble of life for a little while. Hence, Aux Petits Soins center will be closed for 3 weeks. Classes will resume on April 4.